Our blower door tests provide the detailed information you need to prevent energy loss in your home.
There are many reasons to want to make your home more energy efficient—for example, you may care a lot about the environment, or you may just want to save money on your energy bills. Regardless of your reason for wanting to improve your home’s efficiency, you can turn to our team at A Better Inspection, LLC, for help. In most homes, one of the leading causes of energy waste is poor insulation or drafts, so we offer blower door tests to show you where air is leaking, and we can also tell you what to do to correct the problem.
Here’s a brief overview of how blower door tests work:
- First, we will temporarily mount a large fan into the entry door of your home.
- Then, we’ll turn the fan on, and it will pull air out of your home. This lowers the indoor air pressure.
- Because the air pressure outside your home is now higher than the pressure inside it, air will flow into your home through any gaps in your exterior.
- As this is happening, our technicians will monitor the air currents inside your home with infrared cameras and a nontoxic smoke pencil. This will show us where air is coming from and allow us to identify gaps in the walls, as well as highlight areas where insulation is missing.
- Finally, our team will go over our findings with you, alerting you to the issues we found and offering advice on how to fix them.
We are proud to serve the community in Amarillo, Texas, and we want to help you make your home as comfortable as possible. If you are looking for a way to save energy and money, we encourage you to give us a call to learn more about our blower door tests and how they can help you improve your home’s energy efficiency.
At A Better Inspection, LLC, we perform blower door tests in Amarillo, Bushland, Canyon, Lubbock, and Panhandle, Texas.