If you’ve recently had a home inspection done and are ready to review your results, it might feel a little overwhelming, especially if there are lots of things noted in your report. Home inspection reports are crucial documents that provide insights about the condition of your home, whether it’s a new construction or a historic building. However, how do you tell which issues should be prioritized?
Although you should strive to address everything noted in your home inspection reports, this article will outline a few key items that would need your immediate attention.
- Safety Issues. If your home inspector noted safety hazards, those items need to be addressed as soon as possible. Not only are they a threat to occupant health, but they also may violate building codes.
- Roof Issues. A leaky roof can rapidly cause other problems throughout your home, so take care of the issue as soon as possible.
- Plumbing Problems. Plumbing woes can quickly spread and cause more significant issues throughout your house. Plumbing leaks can result in water damage, mold growth, high utility bills, and more, so prioritizing repairs is essential.
- Foundation & Structural Issues. When your foundation or structure is compromised, it impacts the stability of your entire home. It’s always best to handle racks, sagging, bowing, and other structural problems as soon as possible.
- Pest Infestations. No one wants to deal with creepy crawlies and critters scurrying around their home. Pests can threaten the systems and structural integrity of your home, so it’s wise to seek help from a professional to get rid of any infestations.
Other common items noted on home inspection reports that would require your immediate attention include major problems with your HVAC, electrical, or other home systems. Furthermore, it’s essential to deal with health hazards like mold, mildew, radon, and other contaminants before putting your house on the market.
If you ever have questions about the results of your home inspection reports, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team for assistance!